Zum Inhalt

LRP X11 Stock Spec rotor

Moderatoren: MircoThalheimer-LRP, AlexanderMoll-LRP, S-Kruse, M-Kruse

LRP X11 Stock Spec rotor

Beitragvon doubleh am 14. Mai 2009, 09:47

Hi.

I'm using a X11 Stock Spec with the original 12.3mm rotor. Do you think I would gain anything by using a 12.5mm rotor? Would it be more efficient and a little more powerful?

Thanks,
Helder.
doubleh

LRP X11 Stock Spec rotor

Beitragvon AndreasMyrberg-LRP am 28. Mai 2009, 13:31

Hi,

This will work.

You will have a little higher efficiency, slightly less rpm, more tourqe and bit more brake.

Test and then you will learn and know how to optimize for your racing.

/Andreas
AndreasMyrberg-LRP

Re: LRP X11 Stock Spec rotor

Beitragvon doubleh am 1. Jun 2009, 12:15

Thanks Andreas.

Another question, using the LRP X11 9.5T stock spec with SPX esc, should I use any mechanic timing advance in the motor? Which SPX program is the best? Should I use a small or big final ratio?

The tracks I normally run are big with long straights but with some points where a just acceleration is needed.
doubleh

Beitragvon AndreasMyrberg-LRP am 2. Jun 2009, 07:37

Hi,

I would leave the mechanical timing a 2mm (std) as adding timing will just make the motor hotter without gaining any real additional speed.

For the SPX stock spec, I would use power profil 7 or 8 as this will provid you with the best speed.

With gearing I would use the one that will give the highest topspeed, I would start somewhere at around 6.5 (5 cell) for a big outdoor track.
/Andreas
AndreasMyrberg-LRP

Beitragvon doubleh am 30. Jun 2009, 12:18

Thanks Andreas.

I'm using lipo, mode 7 and ratio somewhere between 6.5 and 7.0.

About shims, is there any thing I could do to improve motor performance by add shims at one end of the motor to reduce the rotor slack and to center it better in the magnetic field?

Regards,
Helder.
doubleh

Beitragvon AndreasMyrberg-LRP am 1. Jul 2009, 15:43

Hi,

Yes you can add small shims to centre it better.
Just make sure that you do not use to many, also keep in mind that when the motor gets hot it will bind if the slop is to small.
So do not add to many shims.

/Andreas
AndreasMyrberg-LRP

Beitragvon doubleh am 1. Jul 2009, 16:31

Thanks Andreas.

Can you give me some guidelines how to do it?

My idea is:

1- Remove all shims and let the rotor to center itself into the magnetic field.
2- Mark the rotor outside the can and add shims both sides before the bearing to keep the rotor in its place.

Also, as it is now, there are some slack (around 0.7mm) and when I go full throttle the rotor moves a little further to the outside (pinion side). If I center the rotor with shims to avoid this movement, will the motor work better or not?

Regards,
Helder.
doubleh

Zurück zu Archive